Mount Stewart is one of the most inspiring and unusual gardens in the National Trust's ownership. Engaging tours of the opulent house reveal its fascinating heritage and historic world-famous artefacts and artwork.
The garden reflects a rich tapestry of design and great planting artistry that was the hallmark of Edith, Lady Londonderry. The mild climate of Strangford Lough allows astonishing levels of planting experimentation. The formal areas exude a strong Mediterranean feel and resemble an Italian villa landscape; the wooded areas support a range of plants from all corners of the world, ensuring something to see whatever the season.
Engaging tours of the opulent house reveal its fascinating heritage and historic world-famous artifacts and artwork.
- Explore garden rooms recreated using diaries of Edith, Lady Londonderry
- Discover the fascinating history of Mount Stewart mansion
- Magnificent views of Strangford Lough from Temple of the Winds
- Follow in footsteps of Kings, Queens, Prime Ministers and poets
- Picturesque lake surrounded by beautiful swathes of woodland
- Dinosaurs and duck-billed platypuses jostle on Dodo Terrace
- Shop - buy the best of local craft products
- Try our unique Mount Stewart ice cream
- Award-winning Bay Restaurant
- Plant centre – recently opened and a haven for gardeners.
- Free parking, 100 yards
Family & Children:
- Baby-changing facilities
- Pushchairs and baby back-carriers admitted
- Family activity packs and seasonal activities
- Hip-carrying infant seats for loan
- Children's quiz/trail
- Children's winter trails and Santa's Grotto
- Mobility parking, 100yards. Drop-off point
- Adapted toilet at reception area
- Braille guide
- Level entrance to building. Four wheelchairs, booking essential. Stairs to other floors
- Partly accessible grounds, loose gravel paths. Map of accessible route. Three single-seater PMVs, booking essential
Directions to Mount Stewart
By road, located on Newtownards to Portaferry road, A20, 15 miles south-east of Belfast.
4 Dec 2014 ‐ 7 Dec 2014
Catch the Santa Express to Temple of the Winds, explore the hidden grotto, meet the elves in their workshop and enjoy festive refreshments before meeting Santa, Mrs Claus and...